Brantford’s Jordan Szoke (pictured) captured his unprecedented eighth Canadian Pro Superbike title at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The Series’ all-time wins leader finished second to pole sitter Kevin Lacombe of Quebec in an epic back-and-forth 20-lap feature race battle. Lacombe and Szoke, both riding BMW Motorrad S1000R’s, finished just 0.118 apart. Local rider Alex Welsh of Uxbridge was also right with the front runners eventually finishing in third, 0.561 back.
Defending champion Jodi Christie of Keene, ON was the victor in the K&N Filters Pro Sport Bike race, edging Quebec’s Raphael Archambault to the line by 0.444. The race saw both lead before Christie took the lead for good on the second-to-last lap.
The Harley-Davidson Cup held it’s first of two weekend races, with Boca Raton, FL product Michael Barnes winning the 14-lap feature. With a runner-up finish, Steve Crevier of Maple Ridge, BC secured the class championship for the second straight season. Crevier, always a crowd favourite, is best known for having won six career Pro Superbike titles.
The Superbike Doubleheader Weekend concludes on Sunday with practice sessions for all six of the classes in the morning. Races get underway in the afternoon starting with the K&N Filters Pro Sport Bike followed by the Deeley Harley-Davidson Canada XR1200 Cup, Honda CBR250R Series, Inside Motorcycles Amateur Sport Bike, Mopar Pro Superbike and Bazazz Amateur Superbike.
BOWMANVILLE, Ont. (August 25) – Results of Saturday’s fifth round of the Mopar Canadian Superbike Championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, showing finishing position, rider name, hometown, type of motorcycle and laps completed:
1. Kevin Lacombe, St-Cesaire, Que., BMW S1000RR, 20
2. Jordan Szoke, Brantford, Ont., BMW S1000RR, 20
3. Alex Welsh, Uxbridge, Ont., Suzuki GSX-R1000, 20
4. Andrew Nelson, Kars, Ont., BMW S1000RR, 20
5. Bodhi Edie, Warman, Sask., BMW S1000RR, 20
6. Sebastien Tremblay, Longueuil, Que., BMW S1000RR, 20
7. Matthew McBride, Mississauga, Ont., BMW S1000RR, 20
8. Jodi Christie, Keene, Ont., Honda CBR1000RR, 20
9. Francois Dumas, St-Raymond, Que., BMW S1000RR, 20
10. Marcel Irnie, Kelowna, B.C., BMW S1000RR, 20
11. Martin Hamel, Drummondville, Que., BMW S1000RR, 20
12. Sylvain Dery, St-Colomban, Que., Kawasaki ZX-10R, 20
13. Mike Bevan, Amherstburg, Ont., Kawasaki ZX-10R, 19
Did Not Finish
Scott Rupert, Gadshill, Ont., Suzuki GSX-R1000, 10
Did Not Start