2013 SRT Viper – The Return of the Snake
Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand’s flagship performance machine returns with more power and performance, superior craftsmanship, new technologies and creature comforts
• Two new models include SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS
• All-aluminum, mid-engine 8.4-litre V10 delivers an estimated 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in the world
• Chassis enhancements bring 50 per cent improvement in torsional stiffness
• Triple-digit weight reduction results in Viper best power-to-weight ratio
• Standard safety features include electronic multistage stability control, traction control and new 4-channel anti-lock brake system (ABS)
• All-new, innovative interior designs set new standards with premium materials, new technologies and superior craftsmanship
• All-new carbon-fibre and aluminum skin is sculpted for high-speed stability and a slippery .364 drag coefficient (Cd)
• Timeless exterior design incorporates iconic Viper styling cues with a contemporary execution
The all-new 2013 SRT Viper makes its highly anticipated return to the high-performance sports car market in late 2012.
Canadian driving enthusiasts will truly enjoy the fifth generation of the iconic two-seat supercar that has been deliberately evolved to incorporate superior craftsmanship, a host of new technologies and ergonomic improvements, while respecting its visceral legacy of outright performance.
“After a gut-wrenching period of uncertainty, the Street and Racing Technology brand team is extremely proud that our hand-built in Detroit, flagship supercar is back and ready to take on the performance car world,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – Street and Racing Technology Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. “Beyond being the flagship for the new SRT brand, the launch of the 2013 Viper proves that we simply would not let the performance icon of the Chrysler Group die. Willed to live on by a very special group of performance enthusiasts inside the company and across Viper Nation, this SRT team under our new leadership was challenged to not just continue the legendary Viper, but to create a world-class supercar that would showcase the very best we have to offer.”
Jeep Grand Cherokee: The Most Awarded SUV Ever Gets Even Better For the 2014 Model Year
Premium SUV redefined with best-in-class fuel economy, available clean EcoDiesel engine, legendary Jeep® capability, advanced user-friendly technology, world-class craftsmanship and benchmark on-road refinement
• New 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V6 engine delivers a best-in-class estimated 7.1 L/100 km (40 mpg) highway, best-in-class towing capability of 3357 kg (7400 lb.) on 4x4 models.
• New eight-speed automatic transmission boosts fuel efficiency across all powertrains while improving Grand Cherokee’s legendary 4x4 performance with a lower crawl ratio.
• More luxurious than ever with the new Grand Cherokee Summit model.
• More than 60 available advanced safety and security features.
• Legendary Jeep capability courtesy of three 4x4 systems – Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II as well as: class-exclusive Quadra-Lift air suspension and class-leading Jeep Selec-Terrain™ traction management system with new Selec-Speed Control.
• Array of advanced user-friendly technology features including a new available 8.4-inch touch-screen display multimedia centre, a 7-inch driver configurable multiview cluster display, and Harman Kardon™ premium audio with 19-speakers and 825 watt amplifier.
Jeep Grand Cherokee – the most awarded SUV ever and the vehicle that has long defined what a premium SUV should be – gets even better for the 2014 model year.
The new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee completely redefines the premium SUV, delivering consumers an unprecedented combination of best-in-class fuel economy, available clean-diesel technology, a choice of leading powertrain options, legendary benchmark capability, world-class premium craftsmanship, premium on-road driving dynamics, and a host of advanced user-friendly technology and safety features.
“With the new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, we have taken the industry’s most highly acclaimed SUV and elevated it to an even higher level,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “Jeep has proudly separated Grand Cherokee even further from its competitors by enhancing its unique elegance, efficiency, capability and technological features. Consumers will clearly find the new Jeep Grand Cherokee to be even more of a pleasure to drive on any and all roads, on the most demanding trails, and in all weather conditions.”
For the 2014 model year, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 delivers best-in-class fuel economy of
7.1 L/100 km (40 mpg) highway courtesy of a new 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V6 engine and a new eight-speed transmission.
A new eight-speed transmission drives the new EcoDiesel, as well as Grand Cherokee’s 3.6-litre Pentastar™ VVT V6 engine – now achieving up to an estimated 8.6 L/100 km (33 mpg) highway and its 5.7-litre V8, now achieving an estimated 9.9 L/100 km (29 mpg) highway.
Legendary Jeep capability comes courtesy of three available 4x4 systems, as well as the Jeep Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system and class-leading Selec-Terrain traction management system. Grand Cherokee boasts best-in-class towing of 3357 kg (7400 lb.), and an improved crawl ratio of 44.1:1 for the 2014 model year.
A new, refined exterior design – complete with available bi-xenon headlamps with signature LED daytime running lamps (DRL) – provides an even more premium appearance. Interior luxury is achieved with premium amenities including Natura leather, exotic open-pore wood trim and new interior colour offerings.
The new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers even more safety and security features – over 60 including available Front Park Assist, Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control and Selec-Speed Control – as well as an array of advanced user-friendly technology features such as the Uconnect 8.4-inch touch-screen multimedia centre with integrated climate and infotainment controls, and a 7-inch driver configurable multiview display cluster.
Built in Detroit, Michigan the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is available in Laredo, Limited, Overland, Summit and SRT models.
The New 2013 Ram Heavy Duty Lineup Features Best-in-Class Capability, New Technology and New Features
• 2013 Ram Heavy Duty rises to the highest level of capability with best-in-class towing and best-in-class Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR)
• The new 2013 Ram Heavy Duty features best-in-class torque, more horsepower, B-20 biofuel capability and improved fuel economy with the new 6.7-litre Cummins® High-Output Turbo Diesel powertrain
• Choice of proven Cummins or legendary HEMI® engines featuring new six-speed automatic and class-exclusive manual transmissions
- Available 6.7-litre Cummins High-Output Turbo Diesel produces 370 horsepower and best-in-class 850 lb.-ft. of torque
- Standard 5.7-litre HEMI V8 delivers 383 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, and features variable-valve timing for greater efficiency and performance
• Ram 3500 is now available with the 5.7-litre HEMI V8 engine
• Ram reduces operating costs via a new diesel exhaust after-treatment to deliver best-in-class oil-change interval, up to 24,000 kilometres, and contributes to enhanced fuel-economy
• Segment-exclusive front-axle disconnect on 3500 models works with the transfer case to boost fuel economy
• Unsurpassed diesel powertrain limited warranty – 5 years or 160,000 kilometres
• New segment-exclusive, customizable, full-colour 7-inch multiview vehicle information centre display
• New PowerNet Electrical Architecture acts like a high speed internet connection conveying virtually every facet of vehicle operation through smart modules located throughout the truck enabling Ram to offer a host of purposeful technologies
• New interior features add further model differentiation with trim specific vehicle information centre, steering wheel and controls, instrument panel, door panels, interior colours and premium materials
• New available passive entry, Keyless Enter ’n Go™, and segment-exclusive remote locking RamBox® tailgate and door locks
• New lighting, bi-functional halogen projector headlamps and improved quad projection headlamps with available exclusive LED front turn signals, markers and tail lamps
• New frames feature high-strength 50 KSI steel, eight cross member construction, hydroformed main rails, fully boxed rear rails and optional 5th wheel/gooseneck hitch mounting provisions
• New steering and suspension systems offer improved handling and drivability with best-in-class payload, frontal load (snow plow) and towing capabilities
• Four-channel Electronic Stability Control now standard on all 2500 and 3500 models
• Conventional trailer hitch system upgraded to Class 5 with 7711 kg (17,000 lb.) load capability and 816 kg (1,800 lb.) of tongue weight for use with 2-inch and 2.5-inch receiver hitch
Canada’s longest-lasting line of pickups now adds best-in-class capability to its list of market advantages – the new 2013 Ram Heavy Duty line features best-in-class towing and best-in-class Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR). Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty trucks also add new features, including an all-new interior, new lineup of next-generation Uconnect media centres, PowerNet electrical architecture, new frame and new suspension on 3500 models. The new 2013 Ram Heavy Duty solidifies the long list of leadership claims, including best-in-class total cost of ownership.
“To answer the needs and wants of our customers, Ram Truck has taken a big step forward in capability while improving cost of ownership and efficiency,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand — Chrysler Group LLC. “The 2013 Ram Heavy Duty allows you to push and pull more than any competitor, and the truck looks great doing it with new exterior design cues and an all-new interior featuring our latest technology.”